Julie Nicaisse Jewellery
Posted 5th December 2018
Belgian designer, Julie Nicaisse give life to metals by translating magic and mysteries of the “unconventional” beauty found in nature into talismanic adornments. A marriage between organic vibes and dark elegance, the outcome of Julie’s passion for history, love for the planet and admiration for the fauna and flora. Using ancient traditional techniques Julie create meaningful eye catching, bold and edgy statement jewellery that are designed to perfection and finished to the highest standard of quality. Each creation is human and sustainably conscious, using materials such as Fairtrade gold, recycled metals and ethically sourced gemstones. Empowering and connecting the wearer with his inner power to reflect the true essence of his soul, the luxurious, pure, clean and fluid lines of her magical treasures are crafted to be handed-down from one generation to another. Julie, designer and founder has allowed us a small insight into her personal story behind the brand.
1. Hello Julie, allow us into your looking glass and tell us how jewellery design became your passion?
Since I was a teenager I always loved creating jewellery, I use to make my own jewellery from recycled metal, anything from old keys to off cuts of copper pipes. In 2006 I enrolled at my local college for a jewellery course, I knew right away that this is what I wanted to do for the rest of my life.
2. It’s evident that mother nature plays a major role in your inspiration, how & when did this fascination and love for the planet earth happen?
I grew up in a house in the middle of the forest in south Belgium, nature played a big part in my childhood as there was nothing else around. I feel very connected to nature, to me walking through nature is like going to a museum or an art gallery, there is so much beauty to look at. I think this fascination for nature has always been there.
3. If there was no need for jewellery (heaven forbid), what do you think your profession would be?
I would probably design women’s clothing.
4. How important is it for you to use sustainably conscious materials while creating your jewellery?
Extremely important! I design jewellery inspired by nature so it will make no sense if my brand was not a conscious
5. Do you have a preference in which metal you create in, silver or gold?
6. Describe the Julie Nicaisse Jewellery customer.
She has a unique sense of style and like to look different, to show of her personality. She like to search for that “special” piece to make her look and feel unique
7. Which Alice in wonderland would suit your style of jewellery and why?
My jewellery are designed to empower the wearer, give them confidence and reflect who they are. So I would say the “real” Alice!
8. What is your favorite piece from your collection past or present and why?
The “Lightening earrings” from my Celestial Fall collection. Because this pair of earrings has a story that is important to me, this was the first piece of the collection. I also think this piece represent me.
9. Who would you most love to be seen wearing Julie Nicaisse Jewellery?
I would love to see one of my pieces in a movie like “Lord of the Rings” or in a series like “Game of Thrones”.
10. Finally what does the future hold for the Julie Nicaisse Jewellery brand?
Well in the very near future I will be launching my new website, perhaps even before the end of the year. I have just launched a new collection last month called “Lava Flow” so next collection will take a little while but it will surely be inspired by some aspect of Nature. I will look at ways to make my brand even more conscious as there are always new material and practices yet to be discovered.
WNDRLND would like to thank the edgy statement making talent, Julie Nicaisse for allowing us to step inside her personal jewellery looking glass and sharing her inspiring story.
To discover the full collection click HERE